All treatments are tailored to meet your individual requirements and presenting conditions, plus any contributing biomechanical and lifestyle factors. I combine a variety of advanced techniques to provide you with a personalised approach, including Clinical Massage, Sports Massage practices, Deep Tissue Techniques, mobilisation, exercise therapy and osteopathic-based Soft Tissue Manipulation. I’m also qualified to assess your Posture and Gait, and advise on Postural Correction methods to help ease any discomfort.
DO YOU SUFFER FROM BACK PAIN & LOWER BACK PAIN?
According to the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), around one in three adults are affected in the UK each year - so you're not alone, lower back pain is a very common disorder! Symptoms include an ache, tension or stiffness in your back. Pain might be caused by bad posture, bending awkwardly, or lifting incorrectly. Staying active will in fact help relieve symptoms, but if pain persists then massage therapy can help.
Common Conditions Treated:
- Sciatica – irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve runs from the back of your pelvis, through your buttocks, and all the way down both legs, ending at your feet. When something compresses or irritates the sciatic nerve, it can cause pain from your lower back to travel down your leg to your calf
- Slipped disc – when one of the discs sitting between the bones of the spine (the vertebrae) is damaged and presses on the nerves. This causes back pain and neck pain, as well as numbness and tingling. A medical diagnosis is required for a slipped disc to be treated
- Ankylosing spondylitis – a chronic condition in which the spine and other areas of the body become inflamed
- Muscle strains and tears
- Tight muscles and posture related conditions
I combine a variety of advanced techniques to provide you with a personalised approach in treating these conditions. Some of the following techniques may be used to help you during your treatment to help treat your problem or injury (for more information on these techniques, please see the Techniques page):
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Neuro-muscular Therapy
- Soft Tissue Release
- Muscular Energy Technique
- Muscle Manipulation
- Mobilisation of Muscles
- Myofascial Release
- Nova Sonic
- Electrical Therapy to aid in the treatment of particular muscular problems
- Kinesiology Taping
- Exercise Therapy and rehabilitation of muscles
I also provide self-help and home care advice to ensure the best possible result for you.
Although one session is highly beneficial, regular massage treatments maximise the numerous benefits.