All treatments are tailored to meet your individual requirements and presenting conditions, plus any contributing biomechanical and lifestyle factors. I combine a variety of advanced techniques to provide you with a personalised approach, including Clinical Massage, Sports Massage practices, Deep Tissue Techniques, mobilisation, exercise therapy and osteopathic-based Soft Tissue Manipulation. I’m also qualified to assess your Posture and Gait, and advise on Postural Correction methods to help ease any discomfort.
DO YOU SUFFER FROM NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN?
Shoulder pain and neck pain is common, and sometimes there isn’t an obvious reason for the discomfort – at times it's a symptom of another problem. Shoulder and neck pain could be caused by bad posture, a minor injury, or an underlying health condition.
Common Conditions Treated:
- Frozen shoulder – a painful stiffness of the shoulder joint which makes it difficult to carry out the full range of normal shoulder movements
- Tendonitis – the inflammation (swelling) of a tendon
- Bursitis – the inflammation of a bursa. A bursa is a small, fluid-filled sac usually found over the joints and between tendons and bones
- Rotator cuff disorders – tendonitis and bursitis are often caused by a shoulder injury or overuse of the shoulder
- Torn muscles or tendons – severe pain and possible weakness in your arm and shoulder
- Whiplash – a neck injury caused by a sudden movement of the head forwards, backwards or sideways
I combine a variety of advanced techniques to provide you with a personalised approach in treating these conditions. Some of the following techniques may be used to help you during your treatment to help treat your problem or injury (for more information on these techniques, please see the Techniques page):
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Neuro-muscular Therapy
- Soft Tissue Release
- Muscular Energy Technique
- Muscle Manipulation
- Mobilisation of Muscles
- Myofascial Release
- Nova Sonic
- Electrical Therapy to aid in the treatment of particular muscular problems
- Kinesiology Taping
- Exercise Therapy and rehabilitation of muscles
I also provide self-help and home care advice to ensure the best possible result for you.
Although one session is highly beneficial, regular massage treatments maximise the numerous benefits.
Why not try some of our exercises to improve flexibility and mobility?