Clinical and Remedial Massage
Clinical Massage and Remedial Massage look at treating specific muscular problems and muscular injuries using focused, advanced massage techniques.
Treatments are highly focused and are designed to help realign and rebalance muscles, reduce and manage chronic pain, reduce muscular tension and scar tissue. Clinical and Remedial Massage boosts the body's own healing processes and keeps muscles flexible and mobile. Treatment can be used on many areas of the body, neck, shoulders, hips, knees, lower limbs and lower back.
Treatments are completely dependent on your presenting problems, such as:
- Shoulder girdle pain, frozen shoulder, chronic dislocation and bursitis
- Neck and upper shoulder pain, chronic neck pain, whiplash, torticollis, migrain, cervical disc conditions
- Lower back pain, sciatica, herniated disc, acute locked back and performis syndrome
- Hip and pelvis pain, chronic osteo-arthritis, sacro-illiac joint dysfunction, groin strain, sports injuries and pelvic balancing
- Wrist and arm, RSI, carpal tunnel, golfers and tennis elbow
You can opt for a series of massage treatments, or one-off treatments that involve specific advanced techniques, such as deep tissue massage and trigger point therapy.
Sports massage involves advanced techniques of massage that aim to go deeper into the muscle - these include:
- Deep Tissue
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Soft Tissue Release
- Muscle Manipulation
- Muscle Mobilisation
- Myofascial Release
- Electrical Therapy to aid in the treatment of muscular problems
A programme of homecare advice, such as exercises that are personalised for you, can also be offered. At each appointment, there will be a feedback session and chance to review progress of treatments. This treatment aims to aid recovery from posture-related injury, general day-to-day discomfort, and long-term injury.
Although one session is highly beneficial, regular sports massage treatments maximise the numerous benefits.