Sports Massage and Deep Tissue Massage
Sports Massage and Deep Tissue Massage both work to help correct muscular imbalances, problems or conditions over many areas of the body, neck, shoulders, hips, knees, lower limbs and lower back.
A treatment is personally tailored to meet your individual needs and requirements, but often involves a combination of many advanced techniques.
This type of focused treatment is specifically intended to help realign the muscle and soft tissue and aims to:
- increase flexibility, mobility and range of motion
- assist the body's own healing processes after injury or surgery
- help release muscular tension and stress that can build up in the muscle tissue
- reduce scar tissue to an injured area
- offer beneficial and complementary support to a sports training programme
- minimise the chances of getting injured through training or physical activity
- reduce post-training and workout muscle soreness
- boost energy levels
- extend the life of your sporting career or active lifestyle
- help to manage muscle pain and chronic tension
Sports massage involves advanced techniques of massage that aim to go deeper into the muscle - these include:
- Deep Tissue
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Soft Tissue Release
- Muscle Manipulation
- Muscle Mobilisation
- Myofascial Release
- Electrical Therapy to aid in the treatment of muscular problems
Treatment is completely dependent on your presenting problems, such as:
- Shoulder girdle pain, frozen shoulder, chronic dislocation and bursitis
- Neck and upper shoulder pain, chronic neck pain, whiplash, torticollis, migrain, cervical disc conditions
- Lower back pain, sciatica, herniated disc, acute locked back and performis syndrome
- Hip and pelvis pain, chronic osteo-arthritis, sacro-illiac joint dysfunction, groin strain, sports injuries and pelvic balancing
- Wrist and arm, RSI, carpal tunnel, golfers and tennis elbow
You can opt for a series of massage treatments, or one-off treatments that involve specific advanced techniques, and a programme of homecare advice such as exercises that are personalised for you. At each appointment there will be a feedback session and chance to review progress of treatments.
Although one session is highly beneficial, regular sports massage treatments maximise the numerous benefits.